Okay, it hasn't been THAT bad. (I do love that song, though!) But for months I've been less communicative than I'd like to.
There are reasons.
- I've been revising. A lot. Heavy-duty, deadlined revising. For a revise and resubmit. It's all good, and I'm moving on to the next thing during the exclusive.
- I've been practicing. Piano and voice. Mr. A and I hosted a Beer and Madrigals party for members of the symphony chorus, and I accompanied as well as singing. And I cooked. And cleaned. And moved furniture. And...it was a big party. You get the idea. It's over now.
- I've been focusing on other things in general. Writing. Resting. Life-ing. The blog has always been the one thing that took up time that I probably could've used another way. And yet I can't seem to let it go. Seeing my readers grow as writers...achieve success...find encouragement...there's no way to measure the importance of all that. It fills me up. And I don't want it to go away.
So, that's me, in a nutshell. I still want to be present for you. I still want to share this journey with you.
1. I currently have an opening for one PREMIERE CRITIQUE, first come, first served. This is:
- A detailed line edit of your first 75 pages
- An editorial letter
- Guaranteed 1-week turnaround
- $260 in 2 equal payments
2. I'd like to pick your brain about some HOLIDAY FUN IDEAS for the blog. In the past, we've done things like Christmas/Hannukah song lyric contests and such. I'd love for you to share your ideas in today's comment box!
Hugs to you all -- serious, squooshy, full-body hugs. (Or, if you're the no-touch type, a friendly air-high-five.)