Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act of Kindness BLITZ

This, from the lovely Angela Ackerman:



A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

I've decided to blitz MAGGIE, who does an amazing job running WRITE ON!, our sister community for teen writers.

Maggie, I'm offering you a FULL MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUE and SOMETHING CHOCOLATE! Please email me at facelesswords(at)gmail.com ASAP.


Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats, Maggie! And thanks for spreading the love, Authoress!

    Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela replied to something I tweeted last spring/summer, when I had mentioned my son doing something funny. I was having a "no one in this writing community even knows I'm alive" day (I had just begun blogging at that point) and it really made me feel like one of the gang.
    Thanks, Angela, and best of luck with the thesaurus! I have been following all the activity and I'm so glad you and Becca went to all the trouble of putting it together. The emotion posts have been helpful to me in my writing, they really have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! YAY!! Thank you so much, Authoress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this RAOK blitzing all over the place is giving me a seriously happy feeling. Love it!!!

    And YAY for Maggie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This BLITZ rocks. I'm so honored to be a part of it. Huge shout out and hugs to Maggie. As a teacher, I love hearing about folks who nurture our teen writers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, Leslie! And what's cool about Maggie is that she IS a teen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay you participated in RAOK!! Love seeing all the love! What a great blitz you are giving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie is perfect for this! That is seriously a great thing you're doing, providing a community for teen writers!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this. It was awesome to see all the kindness abound today, and to see many new people join us. *group hugs the writing community*

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea! Being nice is fun :D

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Love this whole idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the writing community!! There is so much kindness that goes around from free advice to contests to people who offer full critques ;) Thank you for all you do and I hope to pass it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The RAOK blog festivities must be the nicest I've ever seen! I keep smiling and having jaw-dropping moments at the generosity of everyone. Maggie must be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate is always a good idea. *thinks of chocolate*

    Mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete